This is a page for my supporting documentation I have gathered over the course of this year and connect meaningfully with and align with my beliefs as an educator.

Images:

These images helped me understand and develop my teaching philosophy and continue to provide me with ways I can integrate intrinsic motivation and inquiry-based learning throughout my classroom.

Inquiry Teacher: Elevate Your Mindset – Mr. Hill's Musings
Photo credit: by @trev_mackenzie & @rbathursthunt
Types of Inquiry | Centre for Innovation and Excellence in Learning |  Vancouver Island University | Canada
Photo Credit: by @Trev_mackenzie & @Sylviaduckworth
From “Intrinsic Motivation Project”, by Molly

Movies:

The film documentary, Most Likely to Succeed, directed by  Greg Whiteley and produced by Ted Dintersmith. This documentary reveals the disadvantages and shortcomings of conventional education. It investigates the school, High Tech High, that focuses on project-based learning, and inquiry-based learning to improve students educaiton.

This Ted Talk, by Jef Hopkins, discusses the importance of redefining education and incorporating inquiry-based learning to encourage curiosity and passion among students. He is the founder of a school in Victoria, the Pacific School of Innovation and Inquiry, and his school has always been an inspiration to my teaching philosophy and future of education.

Katherine Cadwell discusses in a Ted Talk, the importance of students taking control of their learning and becoming engaged in group discussion and peer interaction. She lets students take control of her lessons and allows them the freedom of asking questions, developing inquiries, and having open discussions to encourage curiosity and passion within their education.

Books:

These are my favorite textbooks, and educational books we have used and covered in class, and they all provide great examples and explanations to prepare one for teaching.

• English Lit: Mentor Texts, by Dorfman & Capelli
  • Art: StARTing With, by Emme, Grauer, & Irwin
  • Drama: Into the Story 2, by Miller, & Saxton
  • Inquiry Mindset, by Trevor MacKenzie
Quotes:

These quotes resonate with me as an educator, and drive me to become a teacher that studnets become inspired by and create an environment where studnets want to learn.

• “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire” – Jeff Hopkins
  • “Education is the most powerful weapon, which you can use to change the world” -Nelson Mandela
  • “The important thing is not so much that every child should be taught as that every child should be given the wish to learn” – John Lubbock
Websites:

Here are some useful resources that I have connected with and have used throughout my studies. These are all websites that I will continue to look through and learn in order to provide my students with a safe environment that drives engagement and a passion for learning.