Throughout my second year of my Bachelors of Elementry Education, I have created lessons, projects, and activities that I can use as a future teacher. Here I will showcase my favorite assignments from my university education.

The following activities I will be sharing exemplify the style of learning and planning I am prepared to teach. They reflect what we are learning, and are designed to provide students will an effective and well-rounded education. These assignments exemplify my beliefs and priorities as a current university student dedicated to the world of education.

Activities within PHE:
  • This first activity is a sample lesson plan for EPHE 310 that I completed in Nov 2020. This lesson is designed for grade 7 coed students in their second lesson of soccer. It incorporates a full lesson–warm-up, body, culminating activity, and a review–as well as a developmental task analysis and UDL guidelines.
  • This next activity was completed alongside my peers, Judy and Courtnay, and we investigated the damaging ways bodies are represented throughout activities in Physical Health Education. We provide examples and references to how this area of PHE should change, and how teachers can adapt to promote a healthy lifestyle while promoting a positive body image.
  • This assignment was created with my classmate, Linnea, and we created a yoga unit plan for grade 5-6 students. There are 3 lessons available with this unit and showcase our ideas and integration of an expressive and rhythmic yoga unit while keeping students engaged and moving their bodies. We also incorporated mental health and wellness aspects and UDL guidelines to encourage a safe and healthy environment.
Activities from other academic assignments:
  • This inquiry project was assigned from our field experience class and was to engage our interests and curiosity in education. I chose to elaborate on intrinsic motivation and developing students’ growth mindset, to educate my peers on the subtle changes we as teachers can make to improve students’ desire to learn. It expands on what intrinsic motivation is, how it fosters a growth mindset, and how teachers can implement this way of teaching in their classrooms. Overall, this was one of my favorite assignments and I continue to use it as a resource for other areas of my studies.
  • This assignment was completed with the help of my classmates, Abigail and Marco, for my drama education class, and we were to pick a story and provide several interactive drama lessons that relate to the story to provide students with a deeper understanding.

Tech Inquiry, How to use Imovie (EDCI 336)

• This video was part of my Tech Inquiry and my classmate, Linnea, and I discussed ways that Imovie can be utilized in a classroom. We provided a video with helpful tips and tricks to guide students’ understanding of the software, and it shares valuable resources for how to integrate this assignment into projects and use it as an essential learning tool. In the future, I would try to expand this to a universal software that all students can use, as IMovie was only accessible to us at the time we decided to go in this direction.
  • This assignment was for our Mathematical Processes class and discusses the big ideas and connections the new math curriculum focuses on, and how math is evolving based on the developmental learning needs of the student.

Digital Sketchbook for EDCI 307

• This assignment is a collection of all the resources from our Art class, EDCI 307. Our professor’s intention was to create a resource we could use for our future of education. I believe that this assignment is going to be one of the most valuable assets in my future classroom as it displays engaging activities and artwork for children to learn and discover.