BCEdAccess Society helps individuals with disabilities in their education from British Columbia. This organization is volunteer orientated and is dedicated to supporting children and youth with disabilities to reach their full learning potential. Their ultimate goal is to provide community awareness and adapt education so it fosters equity and inclusion.

Many parents struggle with adapted programs as the technology is outdated and problematic, and there is no support for overcoming the learning curve with technology. Covid-19 makes this education more challenging than ever without the needed support and technology.

Overall, my breakout room discussion covered ways to promote and amplify learning for those who have disabilities. We thought that TA’s and EA’s are incredibly important in recognizing and administering the extra help in the classroom. However, BC lacks the fund to provide enough educational assistance to schools. We then thought of programs, for example, CAL at Uvic as a wonderful program that makes learning more accommodating. I have ADHD and CAL has been incredibly supportive in learning and giving me extra time to complete exams. I believe that every student benefits from CAL and should be promoted in some way in high schools. I also shared how as a teacher what a big responsibility we face in giving students the learning environment needed, and distinguishing what students have IEP’s and how each and every student learns best. Overall, I believe that we need more support in the classroom so teachers are able to have the time to focus on every student and discover what each student needs.