Contribution #1

Mickayla I enjoyed reading your blog posts, and hearing about your personal experiences and learning outcomes, given the different learning theories. This prompt was written very clearly and provided me with an understanding of these theories from a personal perspective.

I agree with your position and sharing how all the learning theories have a time and a place, as well as that we must fulfill individuals basic needs. I believe that this is essential for engaging students participation and encouraging motivation. I enjoyed reading about your own personal experiences, and find myself relate to the same experience. Without the inherent desire to learn, or mental challenges, I as well find my motivation plummets. I also agree that using inquiry-based learning allows all the theories to work together, this was a great insight. I really liked how you explained this and connected all three theories together. I believe that using inquiry-based knowledge would indeed utilize all the learning theories, and as well help individuals become independent, which would increase there motivation. Overall, a great blog Mickayla, I look forward to reading your future blog posts and seeing your take on creating an atmosphere a safe, comfortable and motivational classroom.

Contribution #2

Carla (Island Pedagogy), I relate to what you have expressed and appreciate the ideas you put forward on your blog post. I had the same reaction to the behaviourist theory, and found myself having a negative bias towards this theory, due to past instructors opinions. The courses I took this year also shared the outlook that the behaviourist theory has no part in an elementary classroom. Just as your thinking became ridged, I realized that I did not know what benefits or teaching methods I could relate to behaviourist theories. I also enjoyed reading about your experience with your statistics class. I love that you had the opportunity to work with a group for your exam, and find that technique to be very educational and helpful for elementary educators as well university classes. Lastly, I agree with your final statement and find myself also leaning towards cognitivist and constructivist theories for my future classroom. Overall, this was a great blog post and I look forward to reading more of your responses throughout the term, thanks for the share!