My passions, learnings, and reflections

Community Contribution- Week one

Comment #1

Hi Chloe, I really enjoyed reading your week one blog post. I find that most of my understandings align with your writing, especially after I watched “How to Avoid Death by Powerpoint” as I felt the same way as you did. I also agree with what you said about how more information appears like more work. I also think that throughout high school and university we have been presented with boring and misused PowerPoint presentations that I now assume is the norm and how I should be presenting. I also really enjoyed the info graph you presented, and it helped me better understand the cognitive theory. In addition, I also fully agree with your last statement and also find myself wondering how I could make a presentation that is more aligned with cognitivist and constructivist theories, what a great question. Overall, great work and I look forward to reading more of your posts this term.

P.s I love your website background, it is so cute!

Comment #2

Hi Jayne, you have written a great weekly blog post. I went through your presentation and loved how it was clear, concise, and appealing; I also learned a lot on bears! After reading your blog post I find that my own beliefs align with your writing as I also find that many presentations that I have attended seem to overstimulate my brain and gives no indication to what I should be learning. I found this to be a big problem in my first year of university and all my classes left me unmotivated. I agree completely with your statement on how presentations should be sharing ones thinking and to learn new understandings through connections with past experiences/knowledge. In my opinion, this is how every presentation should be made, in additions with the inclusion of “Death by PowerPoints” helpful tips, I believe that this would be a beneficial way of increasing moral and encouraging motivation within the audience. Overall, great blog post and I look forward to reading more of your thoughts throughout this term.

« »