Hi Breanne, as a prospective teacher I completely agree with every point you wrote for this post. Our job is to prepare every student for the best possible outcome. I am so happy to hear about your brother’s experience and learning what techniques your teachers used to help him achieve academically. Reading your response on our Blueprint, I completely agree and think your solution is a perfect adaptation. This post is really informative and personal, great job!

A great blog post this week Jiayu. I enjoyed reading your perspective on online learning as it is such a new concept to our university experience. I agree that real-time communication is so important. I thought I was going to enjoy asynchronous classes, yet I find it very challenging to navigate and keep myself accountable. In addition to this, I have never liked short answer responses, however, your reflection on the topic has shifted my outlook. I agree that it causes the learner to think more deeply, honestly probably why I do not enjoy writing them as much, as it’s easier to write more. Yet, allowing the learner to understand and write effectively and efficiently is a brilliant learning process and allows for better knowledge retention. Great ideas and thoughts!