My passions, learnings, and reflections

Community Contributions #3 (EDCI 338)

Hi Emily, this is a really well-written blog post. The way you related to the Fairy Creek blockade, and the lost Indigenous children were such a good examples and embedded so much emotion. I completely agree with how we are blinded by social media with advocacy communications, as well as how social media engages advocacy communications. Your writing made this concept clear through your real-world examples and personal expierences. The quote from Markiel Simpson “you are the expert of your own lived experience” also resonated with me. I find it so beautiful and such a good way to connect to the interview. Overall, I see so clearly how in depth your understanding is and how thought out your response is. Well done, I look forward to reading more of your work.

Hi Alan,

Your blog post was really informational to read and well introduced. Learning about the diversity of your PLN is very interesting and well well spoken. I find that a lot of accounts I follow align with my beliefs, however, I sometimes do not share a passion as well. I completely agree with you on your point of how to effectively engage supporters. Just as we transition and progress students understanding in school, we need to be aware of the progressions needed to increase interest and support within the community. Very well spoken, I look forward to reading more of your work!

« »